Institute for Sustainable Futures
The Institute for Sustainable Futures works with industry, government and the community to develop sustainable futures through project-based research.
The institute's mission is to create change towards sustainable futures. Its objectives are to:
- be a world leading sustainability research institute
- support communities, government and business to create their own change towards sustainable futures
- deliver a cutting edge transdisciplinary postgraduate research program in sustainable futures
- progress public dialogue as well as motivate and facilitate action
- be an exemplar of participation within the UTS community
- value and enrich a supportive and sustainable workplace.
Further information is available at:
City campus, Broadway
telephone +61 2 9514 4950
fax +61 2 9514 4941
The institute offers a Doctor of Philosophy in Sustainable Futures (C02037) and a Master of Sustainable Futures (Research) (C03032) to both local and international students. The institute does not offer coursework degrees.
Applications for postgraduate research places are subject to the same criteria as applications to any UTS course.
Further information on the University's requirements for postgraduate applications and on scholarships and fees is available from the UTS: Graduate Research School:
The UTS: Graduate Research School provides a range of researcher development courses and activities for currently enrolled research students, early career researchers and supervisors. More information is available at:
International applicants should contact UTS International.
The institute's website provides an outline of the postgraduate program and the steps required to proceed with an application to study at ISF. The institute receives many more applications than places available, so it is important to contact them early and to follow the application processes outlined on their website: