How to use this handbook
The UTS Handbook 2019 provides comprehensive information on approved courses and subjects offered in 2019. The handbook covers course content and structure, subject and elective choices, attendance patterns, and credit point requirements, as well as important course area information for current and prospective students, and general information on student services and facilities.
The handbook is divided into the following main sections:
The general information section has University-wide information for all students on matters such as application and admission, enrolment, fees, financial assistance (including scholarships and prizes), health services, semester start and end dates, study plans, understanding study plans, study packages, location of UTS Student Centres, the library, child care, Students' Association, etc.
The course areas section contains information for undergraduate and postgraduate students on each of the University's course areas, including contacts and inquiries, student facilities, centres and associations, etc.
Information on specific courses can be found in the following ways.
- If you know only the course code or course name, go to the study package directory and choose courses. All UTS courses are listed numerically by course code and alphabetically by course name, with links from the course code to the course description.
- If you know the course area you wish to study in, go to course areas and choose the UTS course area you're interested in. Courses are grouped into 'undergraduate courses' and 'postgraduate courses'.
Information on specific subjects can be found in the following ways.
- If you know only the subject code or subject name, go to the study package directory and choose subjects. All UTS subjects are listed numerically by subject code and alphabetically by subject name, with links from the subject code to the subject description.
- If you know the course area responsible for the subject, go to course areas and choose the UTS course area you're interested in. Choose 'subjects'.
Information on the make-up of specific study packages (i.e. the subjects in specific majors, sub-majors, choice blocks and streams) can be found in the following ways.
- If you know the name or code, go to the study package directory and choose majors, sub-majors, choice blocks or streams. The alphabetical list will be displayed. If you know only the code, choose the numerical list.
- If you know the course that the study package is part of, go to the course using one of the methods for finding course information. Within the course description, under the course completion requirements and the course program, all subjects and study packages are linked to the full details.