Student leadership programs
There are a number of community, leadership, work-ready and overseas opportunities for students including:
- Student representation – encourages students to represent their peers by engaging with UTS committees, boards and groups dealing with student matters
- Peer Network – an orientation volunteer program where current students assist new students in the initial transition to university
- UTS Startups – exists to inspire students and to equip them with the tools to become entrepreneurs. It is home to Australia's largest university startup community.
- UTS BUILD – a global leadership program with a mission to develop self-aware, informed and active global citizens and leaders in service to deliver positive social impact in the world. Together with Global Exchange and Global Short Programs, we help students Think Global.
- UTS SOUL Award - an extra-curricular social justice leadership and volunteering program. Through training, peer support and volunteering, SOUL enables students to venture beyond their degree and into the community. Skilling up, giving back and making meaningful change!
- UTS Shopfront – coursework based pro bono projects for not-for-profit partners completed by students as part of their studies. Projects are initiated by community partners, completed by final year students, and supervised by academic experts in their field. Students gain valuable experience and contribute their skills to addressing social challenges.
- HELPSU:Connect Volunteer Programs – a range of opportunities for student, staff and community volunteers supporting assignment writing and conversation programs for the development of confidence and connection across the campus.
- ActivateUTS – provides leadership and networking opportunities within Club & Societies and volunteering opportunities through The Pack program.
There is also the Brennan Justice and Leadership Program, a joint initiative of the UTS Faculty of Law and Law Students' Society that is a voluntary program for law students seeking to strengthen the justice consciousness, idealism and sense of service which students bring to their studies and later professional work.